Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

How to Make the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you've ever wondered how to get your chocolate chip cookies to be absolutely, perfectly, delicious...well, you've come to the right place. Am I bragging? Why, yes. Yes, I am. If there is one thing I can make without messing up, this is it. So, I would like to share with you a few tips along with my recipe.

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER

Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter (2sticks), softened- DO NOT USE MARGARINE!!
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1st 3 ingredients until well combined. Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Bake for 9 minutes.

Important tips to make sure your cookies bake properly:

  • Make sure your butter is softened and your egg is at room temperature. To do this get them out of the fridge a couple of hours before you plan to start baking. You will know the butter is soft enough when your finger will leave a dent in it when you press down
  •  Do NOT use margarine. This will cause your cookies to spread while baking.
  •  Make accurate measurements. Use a knife or your finger (a knife is better) to measure off the tops of measuring cups.
  •  Do not over mix. This will  make your cookies dry and crumbly.
  • Sil-pats are my new best friend when baking. Nothing sticks to them. FYI, you don't spray your cookie sheets when baking cookies.  It will cause them to spread. But I use my sil-pats for fun.
  • Don't over bake. This is the most important step for me. I bake my cookies 9 minutes. To an untrained eye they may look as if they aren't fully baked. But after they come out of the oven, I place the cookie sheet on to a cooling rack and allow them to "bake" another minute. Then I transfer them directly to the cooling rack. Following these steps will make your cookies gooey and delicious!
  • And lastly, make sure you allow them to cool. If your cookies aren't cooled enough before you transfer to plate, they will stick together. I know from personal experience.

There you have it! Pretty simple to follow. Let me know if you try the recipe and how it turns out for you.

Happy Baking!!

 

No comments: